6.07.2013

Shoe maintenance over car maintenance

...but i refuse to believe that makes me *high maintenance*


This is a real life situation, in which I have a certain amount of money in the bank, a certain list of car issues and or impending upkeeps, and a list of shoe issues and or impending upkeeps--AND I CAN'T DO IT ALL PEOPLE. 

Walking into the nearest Kwik n Lube last week, just dropping by for an oil change, lalala, casual Tuesday activities, and the man rings up OVER $400 OF PROBLEMS WITH MY POOR LITTLE CAR. Apparently an oil change wasn't my only car problem. 
My natural first instinct is to think 
This man knows he might as well be speaking ancient mongolian to me, I can barely work the xm stereo, I'm not about to comprehend what he's pointing out to me under the hood lollololol. 
That was also my parents' first instinct. Said my parents on the subject, "Go get a second opinion IMMEDIATELY! That is UNGODLY! What on EARTH! But, yeah, that car hasn't been to a carshop in quite a while, so."

LOL.

I walked away from that Kwik n Lube about two hundred doll hairs poorer, deciding to wait on on fixing circa half the car issues. BECAUSE I really need to buy work-apropriate heels. SO WHILE I MAY DIE ON MY WAY TO WORK NEXT WEEK, I WILL AT LEAST CRASH IN EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL, CHIC SHOEWEAR.

In my ever-growing mission to be chic, I headed to the local Terget today for a black heel sans studs, spikes or brass knuckles. I was extremely disappointed. I only found ONE pair that remotely met the standards, and they didn't have my size. AND the shoes were so out of order and disorganized in regards to size and color, it sent my retail-brain into meltdown mode, and I had to leave the premises.

The shoe premises, anyways. I comfortably made my way to the pants area and bought two of them. And actually, maybe this was just an unfavorable Target, but the shoes, bags, sunglasses, clothes--ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS A REALLY SAD, FEEBLE JOKE OF A COLLECTION. WHO'S THE TARGET BUYER????? WHERE IS THE PRABAL GURUNG??????? That's all I want to know.

What I'm looking for:
the perfect work heel
Work heels

vintage photo: etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment