6.22.2013

Mind on My Matcha & Matcha on My Mind

Matcha Green Tea Powder

The other day on instagram (is this how I start out every sentence/story????????) a fashion blogger posted about a homemade green tea latte. DING DING DING you've caught my interest. She posted the recipe with the picture, and I've googled my way into finding a local health food store with all the products I need. The next natural step for me was to follow said locally owned health food store on Twitter. After writing this blog post, I have full intentions to go to the store, buy matcha green tea powder, and ask them who runs their Twitter account (I WOULD LIKE TO SPRUCE IT UP A BIT).

anyways... #tangent.....

Matcha green tea is some super stuff. You know how the health food retailers got all hyped up about Greek yogurt lately? Everything even remotely in the dairy or health category at the store has a greek version brand extension. EVEN YOPLAIT, Y'ALL. I could see matcha green tea products taking over the mass market. It's so powerful!!!!!!!

Matcha Magic Benefits (not all of them--just the ones I care about):

  • Calms & relaxes (ahhh, bath time)
  • Enhances mood (oh good, I hate it when my inner bridezilla comes out)
  • Aids in concentration (nine-to-five werqe griiiind)
  • Boosts metabolism & burns calories (more cals burned = more froyo -!-)
  • Does not raise heart rate (I'm on the caffeine sensitive side... Probably why I'm addicted to coffee)
  • Boost of energy throughout the day (GOOD BECAUSE THE HOURS OF 3-5 IS ROUGH)
  • One glass of matcha is equivalent to 10 glasses of green tea in health benefits (s.w.a.g.)
  • Fights cancer (GOOD BECAUSE I SWEAR ALL OF MY MOLES ARE MELANOMA) 
Read more about matcha benefits here. THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD THINGS TO READ ABOUT IT, I CAN'T EVEN--I CAN'T. 

Matcha Green Tea Latte
  • 1-2 cups almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon matcha
  • 1-2 teaspoons raw honey (or any other natural sweetener)
Microwave the almond milk for 1 minute. Add matcha & sweet stuff. Blend 10 seconds. Microwave 1 minute. 

~oOoOo YuMmMmYyYy~

One last thing...
Through my tea-googling, I discovered this tea heaven website. Teavana.com. Special teas and products and wonderful little tea-trinkets that make me want to spoil and pamper myself on week nights with tea stuff. Oh, my inner 89-year-old just made a brief appearance, sorry about that. Stifling it. 

Tweet me if you have questions about where I buy my Matcha. I live in Dallas. Google is also an option, but I'm still open to being tweeted. @FashFoodFriv


{images: green tea latte here, }

No comments:

Post a Comment