11.25.2013

Why Christian Siriano is the Best Designer/Living Organism in the World

Christian Siriano was born in Annapolis, Maryland. More importantly, he was born effing fabulous.
I've been a CS admirer since his days in the fourth season of Project Runway. His collections have been some of my favorites season after season. He has proven his fierce minutes in fashion fame wasn't just for fifteen minutes--but forever #hialliteration. He didn't let the attention from A-list celebrities or get carried away in the drug scene. He's doing the same thing he did as a teen, only now the world is admiring his work, and not just his close peers.

I follow this little emo dude on instagram and it always makes the left side of my brain twinkle. That easily the weirdest sentence I've typed in a week. Now forget what you think you know about any favorite designer you think you have and get ready to fall in love with the sassiest fireball in the CFDA.


1. Christian Siriano was rejected by the Fashion Institute of Technology.


Oh HELLO FAILURE! I bet that crushed his sensitive, thread-saavy soul. CS said, "FU, FIT," and still carried on to be a multimillion dollar American fashion designer. But before he took over our Pinterest fashion boards,.... he interned.


2. He interned. Twice. 


I gots da mad respect 4 muh intern homies out der in da streets, roughin' it n hustlin' just tryna make sum money to feed they daughtas.

Really, though, I interned twice and did a lot of other unpaid activities throughout my undergrad/post grad lifestyles, and I just feel for the interns/minions. I can't even imagine being an intern in the fashion industry. I mean, it's one of those things, like yeah okay I have sympathy for you, but then I think, wait, no I don't. Anne Hathaway turned out just fine in the end.

CS did minion-intern tasks for Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen. Dope.

 

3. He single-handedly revolutionized the word, "TRANNY"


You're tranny-fierce, no you're tranny-fabulous, you're tranny-flawless, you scream tranny-chic you hot tranny mess from trannslyvania. Let's get tran tran.


4. Amy Poehler imitates him fiercely. 

Fee-yis.
I can't. I love it to much and i can'ticant. trannyfiercehottmesstranny.


5. Christian Siriano has better instagrams than you.

His "sketch of the day" never disappoints. Makes me want to bust out a pencil and paper, quit my day job, and pursue the starving artist, live off passion lifestyle just kidding not really but I LOVE seeing his sketches on my insta-feed.


6. hi Have you SEEN HIS SPRING '14 RTW COLLECTION????????????

Hello, top, that is a also dress in the back, how are you today. 
CS has a way with volume and balance. He easily gives designers much older and more experienced than him a run for their money. This dress also resonates with my 1920s soul.


7. And, this.

bye trannies.


{image credits: stylenews.peoplestylewatch.comwww.therichest.comwww.bellasugar.comwww.celebitchy.commynameisbilly.tumblr.com www.style.com,}

No comments:

Post a Comment