12.14.2013

Karl Does Dallas Y'all

He was here. THE Karl Lagerfeld was here in Dallas. And HE was with HER. Anna Wintour and Karl. All under one red-neck (well, not really, but compared to NY or LA, definitely) roof. The Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Metiers d'Art collection pranced through Fair Park on December 10th.

If you're like me, you might find the fast-paced fashion industry to be a little stressful. Here we have designers galavanting their fall 2014 collections, and I'm still struggling to make my spring 2013 clothes shift into my fall 2013 wardrobe. Keeping up with the industry when you're not in the industry is a REAL TASK.

If I could, I'd dedicate more hours to flipping through slideshows on style.com, rapgenius the crap out of Eminem's new album, and of course volunteer to feed the country and world peace. Since none of us  have the time to spend hours obsessing over runways of clothes we'll never afford (although Pinterest disagrees with me thoroughly), let this blog post be of service.

And honestly, if you've been out of the fashion loop, all you really need to know is MIDI SKIRTS AND BOOTS. MIDI SKIRTS AND FREAKING BOOTS, Y'ALL. WEAR THEM.

This cozy combination dominated the Chanel show. When I first saw pictures of this collection, I imagined what it would have been like if real American frontier women in the old and wild west had worn these clothes. Could you imagine how chic the 1700s would have been if Karl was busy at work on his sewing machine in that time? When you imagine these clothes in your history books, it takes new meaning. And using your imagination is far more fun than just watching a planned, timed, and scripted fashion show.

To make things spicy, my style editors have teamed up (me alone and hungover on a Saturday) and compiled their favorite looks from the #ChanelDallas show, complete with culturally-sound sartorial commentary (me saying "totes").

I get it. Coarse tweed is everything that is the epitome of Chanel. But this outfit makes even this thin model look heavy. This look is best viewed from afar and not put on your body. 

This ensemble is like a platter of pomegranate seeds, wine, plums, craisins and almonds.

I can't wrap my head around long denim skirts I'll never get them. It's the kitten heel of clothes for me. I can't.


Most likely to be worn by every celebrity white girl on the red carpet.

Makes me wanna rain dance and speak indian sounds. 



I'm literally going to go rapgenius "Rap God" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment